Dedicate All To God
This is the only miracle recorded in all the four gospels. That alone is confirmation of its importance and significance. THE OTHER INDICATION IS THE REACTION OF THE CROWD. V. 15.
It is as if John is saying there is a message/principle/truth here you should never forget.
The significance of dedicating what you have to God.
Those five loaves and two fish in the hands of the disciples could never satisfy 20,000 people.
But when dedicated to God, five loaves and two fish fed 20,000 people and there were 12 baskets full leftover.
- He asked He asked Philip a provocative question. “Where can we buy food feed this crowd.”
- Philip’s reply shows he can only think in terms of “How?”
- God is not interested in how much you have but rather whether you know your ultimate source.
GIVE UP IN DEFEAT
GET HELP FROM OTHERS
WHAT DO YOU DO?
DEDICATE WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO THE LORD!
What the boy had was nothing compared to the need. It was just enough for child’s lunch.
But the moment it was placed in the hands of Jesus, something happened to that bread and fish.
GOD WANTS TO USE WHAT YOU HAVE
DEDICATE IT TO GOD
An undedicated rod is a mere walking stick.
GOD MULTIPLIES WHATEVER IS DEDICATED TO HIM
- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
- And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.